I can’t help but feel so… frustrated with this anon’s message. Firstly, I can’t take comments seriously that just call someone’s art BAD. What is bad? At least say what is wrong or offer some critique. Just the plain excuse of disliking it doesn’t give you the reason to call it bad AT ALL. Friend is very new to digital art, so she’s still trying to improve. All I can say is that she definitely puts effort into her drawings and she appreciates critiques.
Secondly, I started this blog for fun and mostly because I love drawing and stuff along those lines. However, after getting 300+ messages and talking to Friend, she was kind enough to ask and help me out with the pile. She loves drawing too so why not? I felt bad for the questions at the bottom of the pile, and we do try to reply to as many as we can. However, could I have just given up on answering questions? Sure. Close the ask box? Considered it. But honestly, it’s our blog and we’ll run it how we like. We do deeply appreciate all our followers and feedback we get, and fill our part of the deal by trying to be as IC as possible and providing some cute doodles. I am flattered that this blog is considered “quality”, but she’s not “watering down the quality” of this blog at all… and if you are silly enough to believe it, YOU’RE JUST BEING SILLY because I didn’t open this blog to get 83859 notes on every post I made, but FOR FUN. But hey, I mean if anything bothers you on this blog, feel free to give that unfollow button a click located in the right top corner of this blog.
I’m sorry if I sound rude anon, but your opinion doesn’t give you the right to just call her art bad for no reason. The comment about her possibly “bringing down the quality of this blog” is also unnecessary. I don’t normally get worked up about what people say over the internet, but this message in particular has really upset Friend and thus upset me as well.
You say that you weren’t tying to be mean anon, but honestly, I was devastated when I read your message. After reading it, I had bouts of actual terror at the thought of picking up a pencil or my tablet to draw. I was truly that sucker punched in the self-esteem. I had my whole angst session and got pep talks from various sources, including Creator. I’ve dealt with it accordingly now though.
I thought to myself at the end, “Will I really let one anonymous message from the Internet scare me from drawing ever again? Nope.”
Before I read your message, I was fairly confident about my drawing skills, and I believed that I was not all that terrible. If there is something lacking, then I should improve and practice some more. I don’t see anything wrong with continuing this mindset.
Also, Creator is right; I am new to digital art. I feel more comfortable drawing with a good old fashioned pencil. These are two pages from my personal sketchbook, just to show that I’m fairly decent at drawing.
Creator explicitly told me that the responses should be quick, simple, and easy doodles. I was a bit daunted by this, because I like to have detailed drawings. I can’t draw as cutesy or as quickly as Creator.
However, I decided to forego doing them in pencil, scanning them, and then going over them digitally. I just start doing them right away using a tablet.
I’m sorry that you feel I am watering down the quality of this blog. If there’s anything I can improve, tell me.
Again, I just can’t draw as cutesy as Creator, so I’m trying to find a style that I like that will make doing this digitally much easier for me. So, bear with me.
For anyone else who had a similar mindset, feel free to leave a message and tell me exactly what you don’t like about what I’m doing and how I should improve. Actual, constructive critiques. I will gladly listen to them. Honestly, I don’t care anymore just as long as you tell me why.
Or, should I just draw the responses traditionally now and just scan them in? I will also take any suggestions on how to approach my responses as well.
Don’t just say someone’s art is bad just cause YOU don’t like it. At least offer some feedback or keep it to yourself. And please, this blog was never meant to be serious so I don’t see how people can get so worked up about the style and whatnot. We just wanted to doodle silly things on a silly blog.
Friend here. Seriously guys, don’t be afraid to tell me what you don’t like as long as you offer an honest to God critique. I’ll try to accommodate your requests, but I know I can’t please everyone.
I came into this knowing I won’t have as much notes as Creator since I can’t draw teeth-rotting sweetness. I didn’t really care, and I still don’t. But if you use the number of notes I get compared to Creator as an indication of my drawing abilities, then I am sorely disappointed.
- sokarkalicious likes this
- yurinachan reblogged this from asknitram
- whitewitchnamine likes this
- timeanustestified likes this
- milqueyway likes this
- nacchu likes this
- thelacerationapprentice likes this
- murasakivie likes this
- oneswhouseyou likes this
- felixfelicitas likes this
- chocobogirl likes this
- jumpingjacktrash reblogged this from asknitram and added:
- quagmath likes this
- mystifiedmanatee likes this
- carbonq likes this
- bakadingydoodles likes this
- goudahanzou likes this
- royal-fish-face likes this
- monstersars likes this
- humansizedhamsterball likes this
- randytherockjackson likes this
- subjugglatorhighblood likes this
- yazzdonut reblogged this from xtremeturtle and added:
- godotaintcoming likes this
- xtremeturtle reblogged this from asknitram and added:
- aoiasahina likes this
- mochaccino likes this
- mochaccino reblogged this from asknitram
- xtremeturtle likes this
- davidmonday likes this
- princessjanecrocker likes this
- mysticferret likes this
- robromance likes this
- dualscarsdickfins-inactive likes this
- tobito likes this
- pantskit likes this
- thief-of-strife likes this
- thief-of-strife said: To friend and creator: Amen. You worded that perfectly. Don’t let one anon get you down <3
- toast-a-saurus reblogged this from askharley
- sarcasticchemist likes this
- colombunny said: This anon was really rude! Friend, your drawings are great,even for a newbie!(really, if you saw my drawings when I started…ugh) you don’t have to feel bad about anything this people say! Hope to see more of your art soon!!
- dogyuun likes this
- dogyuun said: Friend: I really like your art, and you probably should scan in your traditional drawings at first if you’re new to digital. Your sketchbook drawings are amazing :3
- marukotsu reblogged this from asknitram and added:
- saucepans likes this
- ernesthemingay likes this
- shotacuffs likes this